Thursday 20 September 2018

Baby Boy Bandanas


I wanted to make some bibs to add to my Pepe pee tee pee gifts...

I used the pattern from. simplysmallwonders.com but it is now no longer available. It is such a great
pattern. So THANKYOU for making it easier to make my gifts...


I managed to get 5 cut out of the stip of fabric that I had.
Now to sew them right sides together..


I ironed on some interfacing so give the clasps a little more strength.



I clipped the curve before I turned them right side out..


Here are my 5 sewn, now to work out the finishing clasps...

I tried using these great pressstuds. I used to use them on my children's clothes when they were little. BUT.... The flannelette & towelling was too thick for it to work.
Unfortunately I banged my finger itch the hammer.
Instantly my nail was black... boy it hurt...

So I decided to use standard sew on press studs.
These were out of my bag of goodies from my mums stash.
When we cleaned out her home I couldn't throw anything out because I knew one day I would use them. Here we are 3 1/2 years later they are getting used...
Look at the old price on them. We stopped putting price tickets on stock about 25years ago... 43cents... Amazing..
Here they are finished after I sewed the press studs on.
Green towelling one side and boy flannelette..
I got 5 made out of a strip that was 30cm wide by 1 metre...

6 comments:

Linda said...

Hope the thumb has stopped hurting! Nice that you are still using your Mum's crafting supplies. Funnily enough I recently had to buy some press studs, first for years and years because I had been using ones from my husband's aunt's sewing box which I inherited.

dq said...

The bibs are so cute! I always thought they looked like bandanas. I bought several for my grand son before he was born.

Cute cute cute!

Vireya said...

Ouch! Your poor thumb.

Cute bandana bibs. That's another trend I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't read it here.

Maria said...

Hope that thumbs feeling better.
Love those bibs.

Susan said...

Very cute bibs - shame about the "no pattern" now!. Hope your thumb is OK now.

kiwikid said...

These are really cute Jo. Ouch for the thumb! Hope the bruise is getting better.