Tuesday 25 September 2018

Towelling BIBS & gift sets...

I have made these great towelling bibs for gifts for many years.. I first made some for myself when my children were little. Then my friends wanted them. These are now a must make for any baby gift.

Here I am sewing on the Bias binding. It need to be cut on the diagonal to make it g around the curved corners better.


6 lovely made towelling bibs. They are wonderful as you just pull them over baby/toddlers head.
All I used was 1 standard bath towel for $3:00 from BigW..
Cut 12"*16". Cut out a 4 1/2" circle out. Use a strip of 2" * 12" of ribbing, add the binding. I cut mine at 2 1/2".. Very easy.
I also use 2 of the towelling circles and one after towelling to add some colour. 3 layers overlocked around the edges. You have just made a nursing pad. You could also use flannelette with the towel.

I now have a few lovely sets.
1 bib and a snuggle bunny -- 3 towelling bibs
1 bib, a bandana bibs, a pee pee tent and I later added some nursing pads --
1 towelling bib, a bandana bib and 2 pee pee Tents.
All very useful gifts.

I have bundled these up for little gifts to have on hand.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Great useful baby gifts BUT what's a pee pee tent ?????

Linda said...

That's what I call forward planning!

kiwikid said...

Great bibs Jo, very organised to have the packs ready to go.

Kaisievic said...

Okay, I have to ask, what on earth is a pee pee tent?

Helen said...

Lovely bibs, great idea for forward planning.


dq said...

It is a great idea to make things in duplicate and bundle them for when you need them. They look like fun projects.