Monday 28 October 2019

VOLUNTEER of the YEAR AWARD 2019


A couple of weeks ago my boss asked if my work colleague, Tracy and I, would represent our company at the local employment/training organisation for their AGM. or so I thought.
So today we headed off to attend and to my surprise it was a set up.
As the meeting went on it came to the time to present local achievements. Next, it was about me.
I was presented with the VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR 2019 AWARD for all my charity sewing for Aussie Hero Quilts, Laundry bags, donated quilts to children's funds, humidicrib covers, beanies for the local hospital and many other projects.
I am so overwhelmed. I do this because I love it. I have had such great support from my fellow stitchers and I thank them very much. They have been there for me in my time of need and it is great to spread a good thing around...
I am over the moon....
Thank you to SUNRAYSIA PATCHWORK FRIENDS for nominating me.

Look at these beautiful flowers.
They were so heavy to hold and are definitely the most lushest ones I have ever received.



Here I am being awarded with my certificate and flowers.
I am so overwhelmed...



I would like to thank everyone who I have sewn with over the years. They have all supported and inspired me to continue sewing. I have been inspired by many of my friends and they are the ones who deserve just as much recognition as me.
Thank you to all my fellow quilting friends.
Let's keep on stitching to not only make us happy but to all those who we sew for.

18 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations! What a nice surprise! :0)

Mari said...

Congratulations Jo! What a well-deserved honor. Just looking at your charity sewing list is exhausting! You do so much, and it's good to know you are appreciated. Keep on stitching on.

Mari said...

Forgot to add that you have supported and inspired us too! :)

Maria said...

Congratulations Jo... well deserved.

Ellen said...

Congratulations! :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! An honor well deserved!!

jacaranda said...

Congratulations Jo, well deserved. You do so much for others, enjoy the honours and your flowers.

Jenny said...

And even more congratulations from me too! What a wonderful achievement, and so nice to be recognised. I'm sure it was even more exciting as the award was unexpected. Love your gorgeous flowers.

retdairyqueen said...

How wonderful
You so deserve it
Congratulations and the flowers are indeed beautiful

Vireya said...

Beautiful flowers! And a well-deserved award. Congratulations!

Barb said...

Congratulations Jo. Hen do you sleep?

Pamela Arbour said...

Wow! What an honor and you certainly deserved it. Thanks for sharing this special moment with us.

PaulaB quilts said...

Congratulations, Jo. You represent the best of quilters as generous people.

Linda said...

Congratulations on an award so very well deserved. You do so much for lots of different organisations and it’s lovely that all your hard work has been recognised. The flowers were gorgeous and a beautiful touch to place them beside John’s photo. 👍.

Christine M said...

Congratulations Jo. So lovely to be recognised for all the work you do. xx

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Congratulations! The flowers are stunning!!

kiwikid said...

Congratulations Jo, you deserve the award! The flowers are beautiful!

dq said...

Yay Yay! You deserve it! You do so much for so many people especially the Auzie Heros!