Tuesday 22 October 2019

Xmas pot holders and microwave bowl holders ready for gifts.

I'm making these pot holders for my quilt group Xmas gifts. Everyone going to the Xmas break up will receive one. I will also include 3 * recipe cards and maybe a chocolate.
I have quilted and cut out all the pads and fabric for the pockets. All I have to do is assemble them with sewing on lots of bias binding.
There are 35 cut out to sew.


We were talking at work about these holders. Some ladies hadn't heard of them, others use them and some more wanted them.
I've had a bit of fun making some microwave bowl holders.
They are made out of ALL cotton wadding, fabric & thread.
These are suitable for a couple of minutes in the microwave to reheat your food.
I started with a 10" square, marked the centre of the sides to mak darts. Mark 1" out from the centres and 2 1/4" towards the centre of the square. They are very quick and easy to make. 

All in a stack ready to take to work.
Hopefully I'll sell some.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Great Xmas gifts and good luck selling the mircrowave bowls...

Jenny said...

You are really sewing up a storm, that's an awful lot of sewing! Good on you getting ready for Christmas. I dont even want to think how close it is!

kiwikid said...

Wow Jo, that is a lot of bias to be sewing on!! The microwave bowl holders look great.
Thanks for the instructions.

Linda said...

Wow, you are very organised. The phrase “ Christmas Break Up” takes me back to my Patchwork Groups in NZ. Obviously an Aussie/Kiwi phrase!