Saturday 11 January 2020

FROLIC - Clue 8 & Scap Happy Saturday...

Over at SCRAPHAPPYSATURDAY with Angela the month of JANUARY we are to work with GREEN.
The only Greens I worked with are the ones in Bonnie Hunters FROLIC...
To see others beautiful GREEN work CLICK on over to
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2020/01/scraphappy-saturday-green-again.html

BUT for me I continued with CLUE 8 of the mystery..
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020/01/frolic-mystery-part-8.html

Neutrals look like they will be sashings and borders. We will have to wait and see...
I've been working on my clues and then this happened... I knocked them on the floor.


Once I got Clue 8 worked out and laid out I got into the sewing.
PART A is all sewn.

PART B - laid out ready to sew. I have all the flying geese to sew before I can finish this Clue.

I have now put them all into individual bags to keep the sets together. I don't have the clips. Zip lock bags work wonders. I love them.

Im not sure when I'll get the flying geese all sewn but at least I am better organised now and am happy I am nearly there.

12 comments:

Vireya said...

Looks very organised! I just have mine stacked in piles, no clips or bags. I wonder how long we will have to wait for the next clue. I'm getting impatient to see how it all goes together!

Pamela Arbour said...

I like zip loc bags as well. I do have clips but I don't like to use them for this type of thing because they put wrinkles in them. I really like your fabrics. Seeing them all laid out with that blue they look just like the bluebonnet fields. I don't live too far from them, maybe an hour from pretty bluebonnet field. I am not making this one but I am collecting the clues. I will see how yours turns out first. LOL I already have two of Bonnie's mysteries in UFO form.

KaHolly said...

I applaud your organization! I always have the best of intentions, but somehow I never quite get there. Your quilt will be beautiful!

jacaranda said...

You are so organised, I have a “thing” for bags, containers and small storage boxes. I recently bought several A5 plastic zip pouches from Officeworks. I must get my Bonnie mystery quilt quilted from a few years ago.

kiwikid said...

Looks like you are doing well Jo, and very organised.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lucky for you that Angela called Light/Bright GREEN for this month's RSC. It's always SEW nice when one project can count for two! :o))

dq said...

Frolic will be a lovely and colorful quilt. It will be fun to see the finish! Perhaps I will participate again. I just didn't love the one I made, although, with some minor changes, I really like it now. It is a wonderful and fun way to use scraps.

Maria said...

Well done Jo and you are sew organised...
I think I've given up . Have downloaded clue 7/8 but haven't done them.

Linda in Calif. said...

Yikes! Seeing those cut pieces on the floor is enough to give me a panic attack. lol I've been doing Frolic also and it's so hard to keep these organized. I don't have clips and I don't have enough baggies! I just stack and hope for the best. I could go to the dollar store and buy some baggies but I've been too busy sewing! hahaha Also I thought we would be putting them together in blocks sooner.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow, you are super organised! I like your idea of keeping everything in zip loc bags. I seem to be a stack maker. I have little stacks all over the place.

Janice said...

Being organised makes such a difference. You’re making great progress.

Kaisievic said...

I love the colours that you are working with on this SAL quilt.