Wednesday 22 January 2020

QAYG string blocks for GIPPSLAND FIRE VICTIMS

With the tragic fires that have been happening in Australia I want to help...
It's not much..
When we make quilts for charities the men aren't thought about as much. Our fabrics we use are more pretty and floral. This time I am focussing on males. Checks."
I have pulled all these check fabrics that have been donated to me to make QAYG blocks for the GIPPSLAND FIRES.
Jan Mac assembles QAYG blocks and sends them for Charity. I have been helping her over the past few years. She does an amazing  job at forwarding on these quilts.



My table looks a mess. BUT a happy mess.



I'm working on 2 at a time.. They go together faster..



Here they are trimmed. I think these will look great



These are the blocks I have done so far to send to Jan Mac for the people that need it in the GIPPSLAND Fires..


10 comments:

Vireya said...

Looking good, Jo!

Maria said...

Great blocky QAYG blocks. Well done.

Pamela Arbour said...

Love those. They are definitely manly but I think anyone would want them. Nice work.

dq said...

This is a great cause Jo. I love zyring quults too. The blocks come alive once they are trimmed.

kiwikid said...

Great blocks Jo, they will be much appreciated.

Jenny said...

You are so right to make blocks for men/boys, its always easy to make pretty ones isnt it, but more manly ones need a bit of thought. I have sent a few children's quilts away to a charity who looks after children in foster care, and try to send both a boys and girls quilt each time.

Crystal_235 said...

Looking good!

Linda said...

Good idea to make QAYG blocks with a more masculine colour palette. These blocks are fun to make, aren’t they?

Janice said...

Go you! I’m sure they will be gratefully received.

BizarreQuilter said...

Thanks for doing mens ones! You are right, so many pretties in our stash and pretty scraps that they all get used in the gifted quilts.