Saturday 30 May 2020

AHQ in progress ready for a HERO

I have decided to do an urgent AHQ.
Request was for--- RED,WHITE & BLUE, Honda Racing, photos of recipient racing his own bike and some other emblems I don't know what they are so are not being included.
I started out with red, white & blue 2.5" strips and sewed them together like the well known Jelly Roll race. It was wide enough but not long enough for the specifics of an AHQ.




So I added a blue strip....
This was already in my cupboard. So when the request came in I knew I could do it easily. Without too much fuss.


Now to unpick the blue strip.
Print some photos, add an emblem appliqué, join them to fit and sew them back into the quilt.....

I am happy with what I have done with this AHQ. 
The photos are of the recipient at Phillip Island racing around the track.
By the sounds of it he loves his bike and racing as these photos were part of his request.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous how you put the special quilt together.

Cheryll said...

It's fantastic JO... & will be appreciated I'm sure.
Well done...xox

kiwikid said...

Great quilt Jo , very clever with the blue strip.

dq said...

Oh yeah! This is a great great quilt. It has so much charactor.

Jenny said...

Great looking quilt! Will you be adding anything else, borders perhaps?

jacaranda said...

A great quilt Jo, very appropriate for someone who follows Honda. Well done.

Janice said...

It must be such a good feeling to send off these personalised quilts. It turned out great.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey Jo you do well with these quilts.....