Sunday 24 May 2020

I've been working on FROLIC....

I have decided to drag out BONNIE HUNTERS MYSTERY FROLIC to see where I am up to.
I have them on my design wall. Sewn a few flying geese. Trimmed a few and well on my way to some completed blocks. I am not a fan of sewing flying geese. Especially the amount required in this quilt but now is the time to get on with it.


So, I have managed to sort out what blocks I have, what I have to do. Now I can get started and leave them on show.
Hopefully during this isolation time with COVID-19 I can keep myself busy and happy on my weekends.



I am having fun and making progress. So far this was a full days work...



I have been busy working on BH.. but I think the corner block has the wrong colour neutrals...



I have now got all the full blocks made. Errors pulled out and resewn. 
If you notice the outside borders have a darker neutral because I ran out of the lighter fabric. I'm not sure if I have counted correctly but I think I need that darker one in the centre. 
Hopefully I can work on the half square blocks next weekend.

There still needs sashings but I am happy with my progress. Once the set in blocks are done I will need to move a few around to seperate colours.



I am so over this quilt but it is coming out so pretty.
I have someone in mind this will be gifted to so it will get finished.
I am going to leave it on my wall so I keep working on it.
There is still a lot to do.
I do have all the half square triangles made for the borders and parts of the sashings cut out.
Now I need to cut all the neutrals for the sashings.

COVID-19 restrictions are being lifted. I still am not sure but I want this fininshed as a reminder of this time.

KEEP SAFE EVERYONE.

15 comments:

Vireya said...

It looks terrific, Jo!

KaHolly said...

Oh, my goodness, Jo, it’s gorgeous!

Julierose said...

this is so pretty--love your color choices...
~ ~ ~ waving my Memorial Day flag Julierose

Maria said...

You've made great progress on Frolic... Like you I was over it but in the end I was delighted with the finish. I'm sure the person you'll gift it to will love it....

Tammy said...

Nice job on Frolic. Mine is still sitting in pieces.

kiwikid said...

That is a stunning quilt Jo, you got a huge amount done over the weekend. Love the colours.

Cheryll said...

Keep going Jo as you are almost there... & it looks great too...xox

Jenny said...

Your quilt top is coming along well, just as well to leave it out to make it easier to see and work on. I started one of her mystery quilts some time ago, but gave up on it as I coulxnt deal with the myiad of little pieces! Good on you for persevering. Having a donor in mind certainly spurs you along.

Barb said...

We miss you. Xx

Linda said...

I am so impressed! Each block is so much work, you’re doing so well to persevere with the quilt.

Helen said...

Finally catching up on a couple of blogs after a long absence. Wow so much work on those blocks it would be a shame to stop now.

Janice said...

Such a lot of work in that quilt, so I can understand why you are over it. Good on you for sticking with it. It really is turning out beautifully.

Mari said...

All those pieces! It looks great, and the green gives it a nice little punch. Keep going!

dq said...

Yeah! Frolic is moving along again! I think this is one of her better mystery designs. Your fabric pull is perfect!

Raedene said...

This is a striking quilt, really nice colors!