Tuesday 18 May 2021

Postcard Swap 2

 I can’t help myself. I love being part of a swap. This one will last for 12 months. Yep, 12 months. Each month we are to make a special fabric postcard that relates to the month that it should arrive to the recipient. It is started in the USA so they have listed their holidays and celebrations but I can do ones relating to Australia.

I have made a list and have made my first 4.

May - Mother’s Day

A fresh, beautiful pot of flowers. Something I don’t get very often. I printed the background fabric with the script before planning the flowers.


June - Queens birthday

A beautiful photo of the young Queen Elizabeth. Embellished with lace, diamonds, pearls & flowers.

I also printed this photo of the Queen too.


July - Xmas in July

A beautiful snowflake behind the Xmas tree with presents too. This is something I haven’t experienced but would love to one day.


August - Winter...

Playing/ caught in the rain



I have kept one item the same on all the postcards. The month button label. I had a packet of them from my scrap booking days. At least they are getting used now.

Here they are all together.


Now I am ahead at the moment I will have a break before making the next ones. Time to think of the layouts and backgrounds.

This is getting back to the oldPen Pal days. How nice is it to receive Mail in your letter box.

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

You obviously have a knack for this. They are all delightful! I can see that they would be day brighteners, for sure!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful post cards Jo, getting something like this on the mail would brighten anyone's day.

Vireya said...

They look terrific! I love the Queen's jewellery and lace. But your "Christmas in July" is going to confuse someone.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow they are all so lovely great ideas executed well........

jude's page said...

Luv, luv, luv your postcards

Susan said...

Jo These are lovely - love how you dressed the queen and love the edges on the first two especially