Sunday 5 September 2021

FNWF & ZOOM update . Everyone was shocked.

FNWF with Cheryll @ https://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com/2021/09/at-fnwf.html

I have been trying to workout what to do with a panel I bought from Lesley Mays quilt shop.

I am in a swap and have to add pieced or appliqués borders. It cannot just be a straight cut border.

Drawing out the design…

So choosing the fabrics…

But these didn’t work so something different has happened

Getting ready to cut the fabrics but the rotary blade needed a sharpen before I started

Cutting the fabrics…

Nope. These were wrong. Start again

Making a mess…

Oh no, I’ve cut off the Galahs head

And the Koalas ear…

Now ready for hand stitching with Chooky on zoom.



SATURDAY

 Well, did I shock everyone. I joined in zoom at just after 6 am. I’m not an early riser but I just had to do it. 


I continued with my panel project I was working on @FNWF and hand stitched down the kangaroo tail.



I am working on the last border today so you will see all about it soon. This is a surprise swap so I don’t want to spoil it if the recipient reads here.


Time for knitting teddy bear vest for charity. Jan Mac donates these to foster care kids or abused children. Everyone deserves someone to love.

https://sewmanyquiltstoolittletime.blogspot.com/


You can find the pattern here..

https://sewmanyquiltstoolittletime.blogspot.com/2021/06/instructions-for-knitted-teddy-bear-vest.html


I then went on to show a little bit of my scrap knitting blanket squares. With this blanket you don’t need to sew the squares together.

Here is the start of it



I got the idea from this picture on Pinterest 



You can find the basic pattern here.

http://thecuriouskrafter.blogspot.com/2013/04/domino-baby-blanket.html


I had some lunch then headed back to bed for 3 hours. It was such a fun morning so thank you Chooky and everyone else that chatted away. Good to see you all, hear your stories and see what you have been working on.


Until next time…….

https://chookyblue.blogspot.com/2021/09/refueling-soul.html

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

Was great to catch up Jo and thank you for showing us how to do that knitting. Your quilt is looking amazing. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Chookyblue...... said...

Your panel is looking great...... Can't wait to see it finished......
Shock and pleased you got up so early to join us... Was great to catch up once again....... I took your lead and went to bed in the arvo also.....

Jenny said...

Your swap looks rather complicated, hope it is working out right for you now. Good on you getting up bright and early to join in with your zoom friends, no wonder you needed a nap later on.

Susan said...

Sorry I missed that Zoom - but good to see that panel coming to life!

Cheryll said...

Always NiCe to visit and see what you are up to...
Glad to have you over for FNwF as well...xox

Linda said...

Glad you enjoyed your early morning catch up with your quilting friends. 6am start - you were keen! Interested to see how the Panel project progresses. Love the knitted squares. One of my Patchwork friends Joy knitted one of those with odds and ends of leftover sock yarn and it was beautiful. She gifted it to one of her granddaughters who will treasure it as Joy is now no longer able to knit as she has arthritis in her hands and is pretty frail generally. Joy will be 91 next month and has been a marvellous sewer and knitter over the decades and her family have many of her gifted quilts and blankets to enjoy.

Maria said...

Was a great catch up at Chooky's Zoom GTG...
Well done with the early start. Don't think I'll be getting up at 4am like Sylvia to join in.....
Interesting how you'er knitting the blanket and thanks for the link.
Your challenge panel will be lovely when finished..

loulee said...

Your panel is going to look amazing. I love the bears in their sweaters and thank you for sharing how you work on your blanket.

Janice said...

I’m a big late in commenting. You were so productive the other day. Maybe getting up early suits you. Thanks for sharing the info on your knitted rug. We were all intrigued.