Saturday 16 October 2021

Impromptu zoom with Chooky

 Friday night after work Chooky sent out an invite to a zoom meeting. I was so tired, sitting in my pj’s and watching tv. I quickly jumped up, started tea, grabbed my Xmas fabric tub and joined in.

While we were chatting away I cooked and ate tea. Then moved on to some class preparation.

Our quilt group make a Xmas decoration every year and even though we are in lockdown we are doing one again this year. We were to meet in the park today to be shown how to finish it but that is now postponed.


We needed to prepare 2 strips of Xmas fabric with fliesofix  in the centre to make it a reversible fabric.

I cutout the bell shape in template plastic and traced the pattern 8 times on to the fabric. Cut them out. Now I am ready for the class.


I have found the beads and ribbon. Now it’s time to pack my bag so I’m ready for when we can meet in the park to finish it off. I won’t forget to pack the needle and thread too.

Thanks Chooky for the catch up.It made me get this ready


14 comments:

Janet O. said...

The bell is very pretty, and it was fun to catch up over Zoom.
I hope your group can meet up again soon!

Maria said...

A very pretty Christmas ornament..
enjoyed our Zoom catch up...

loulee said...

Missed you in zoom, I arrived after you had gone. But I did put my PJs on. LOL
What a cute wee ornament. Hope you get to have your meet up soon.

Karen's Korner said...

I saw the email far too late to join in....hopefully next time I can catch up with you all. This in and out of lockdowns is very disruptive to our sewing sessions. At least you are ready to go when you are able to.

Susan said...

The bell will be so lovely when done - what a great idea to do a new decoration each year.
hopefully, you have your meeting soon.

jacaranda said...

A beautiful bell, it's scary that Christmas is not that far away, where has the year gone?

kiwikid said...

Sad I couldn't join you guys...that is a beautiful bell you are making Jo.

Janice said...

Sadly, I missed the Zoom get together. It was a bonus getting ready for the next stage of your bell. It will be a very cute decoration.

Linda said...

Hope you enjoy making your Christmas decoration in the park. I made a similar decoration(not a bell) a couple of years ago at our Area Guild meeting. I loved the result but it was very hard on my fingers I remember - even wearing a thimble.

Christine M said...

Lovely Christmas bell, Jo. I didn't see Chooky's email until Saturday morning so I missed out. Next time!

jude's page said...

Look forward to seeing your ornaments come together, and sorry i didn't get to zooming.

dq said...

Oh, loving that gorgeous Christmas bell! It is fun to check in and see what you have been up to.

marina said...

Your christmas project is so pretty. Hope you can get together soon to work on it with your group.
Great to see you in the Zoom!

Chookyblue...... said...

that was a lovely sudden zoom session.......your ornament is a cool one.....