Saturday 2 October 2021

Sewing machine needle case folder

 I have always wanted a better way to store my sewing machine needles rather than just throwing them in to the bottom of a plastic zip lock bag.

I came across this great idea on Pinterest.

Go to the web page and there is a great tutorial of how to make it. There are also printable pages that go with it. Amazing. Just what I wanted. And I had the folder already left over from my scrapbooking days.

http://sew-whats-new.com/profiles/blogs/how-to-make-yourself-a-sewing-machine-needle-organizer?xg_source=activity

So one day I printed all the pages 


then a week or so later I sat & cut out the plastic



Prepared my machine foot for sewing. I stick on a reusable tape on the bottom of my foot. This one doesn’t leave any gum once removed.


and sewed

Plastic pieces are all sewn


The felt pieces are stitched on. The patterned paper is cut to size and the folder is ready.

All I need to do now is to glue the paper backs on, cut the folder holes, decorate the folder and I have one special needle case.


11 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

oh Jo, i missed out on so many of your post. Wonderful stuff happening on your blog and in your life. Great idea to have pouches for the sewing machine needles. Love that idea.

marina said...

Lovely way to get your needles organised!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful idea for getting sorted with the needles.

Janice said...

That’s just too organised. What a great idea.

Karen's Korner said...

What a great idea.

Maria said...

Must say you are more organised than me.
My needles just go into my sewing box...

Chookyblue...... said...

Way to organised......

Susan said...

A great way to get sorted.

Barb said...

Just make sure you have enough room to put the needles behind the plastic. I was gifted one and it was useless because as I put the needles into the pocket, the plastic ripped away from the stitching.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Clever...so organised...

dq said...

You are always trying and making new things. Thanks for all you shared.