Saturday 9 October 2021

What have I been up to since the last Zoom.

 Way back when Chooky had a Zoom. I didn’t get up as early as the previous time but it was still early for me. Hello ladies

I was doing some hand quilting on a very old UFO. This started 7 years ago. Anyway a few stitches is good. And enjoyed a coffee.



The next day it was oven cleaning time.

I used this new to me product and I’ll definitely be using it again. Sorry for the people that don’t like using chemicals but I loved this one.

My oven was disgusting and well overdue for cleaning. I would say it is my most hated housework job.

Here are the filthy before shots. The racks and glass you can’t see through

Put them in the bag, pour a little on the glass.

I ran out of the good stuff on the racks and only had a little bit left for the glass. Then had to use some of the usual spray for in the oven.


Flip the bag over every so often and 4 hours later 


Give them a rinse, bring them inside and was with soapy water and a miracle has happened …. 

NO SCRUBBING AT ALL.



It was worth the $10 and I will be buying some more for in the cupboard for next time.


Now back to knitting.

My friend did a knitted vest for a teddy bear? She added a little flower too.

I got all mine completed and they are now on the way to Jan Mac. She should get them very soon.


Isn’t this little pig cute

Today Mildura starts a 7 day lockdown and our cases have risen to 37 in 3 days. I’m not sure where this will lead as we already have 4 schools closed due to exposure. Just have to cross our fingers that we are safe.

JanMac has received my parcel and will distribute them accordingly.

13 comments:

jacaranda said...

Thank you for your post on the oven cleaner, my oven is good but I can’t seem to clean the glass. My glass comes out of the door. Will definitely give tis a go.

Vireya said...

Great job on the oven! I needed that last time I needed to clean an oven, which previous tenants had left absolutely disgusting. It took me several days with the oven cleaning products I was using.

marina said...

Wow it's an oven cleaning miracle!! I leave the oven cleaning to my hubby. I pretend not to notice it like he doesn't notice all the things I clean lol
lovely little jumpers for those plush toys..

Maria said...

That’s a great oven cleaner and like you I leave mine far too long too!
Love the collection of cuddly toys with their nice vests….

Janice said...

It was good to see you last zoom. Our oven is due for a clean. I may have to hunt out that product. Jan Mac will really appreciate your dressed toys.

Denice Barker said...

Sorry about your lockdown. I don't know if or when this will end or if it will just keep morphing into something different. Here we hear of new cases and people just shrug 'oh, well.' It's very sad.

Chookyblue...... said...

So nice to see you on zoom again......
Hate cleaning the oven but I might check that out.... ESP since you place the racks in a bag..... Hope it's a big bag as it have a wider oven.....
Good to have some progress on an old project.....

Cheryll said...

Love love all the animals & they are all off to good homes.
Well done Jo...xox

kiwikid said...

I also hate cleaning the oven and avoid it like the plague, but might try that cleaner. I do not like the smell that the cleaner leaves behind, does the lemon stop that? Your toys look fantastic. Was good to see you on zoom.

loulee said...

I use that same oven cleaner. It is amazing, makes everything so easy.
Your wee knitted sweaters for teddies look great and it's good to know they will go to loving homes.

Jeanette said...

Must look into that oven cleaner. I need to give my oven a clean soon. Wish i knew about putting the racks in bags years ago, would've been helpful with some of the ovens i've had to clean over the years. Love the dressed animals, so cute. Hugs, xx

jude's page said...

Pity you are in lockdown and border is shut, or i would invite you down to visit, as my oven is also long overdue for some attention, do the bags come larger as i have a wide oven too

dq said...

So sad I missed another zoom! I will be back sometime though.
Thanks for the oven cleaning tips. I need to do the same.