Wednesday 13 October 2021

Meeting up in the park…..My panel swap is on its way to the USA

 My friend and I set up a lovely meeting in the park. We shared show’n’tell, a coffee from the local van.. Bobbie’n’me. Caught up on some much needed chatting. Even though it was a bit fresh we soldiered on and it was great. The following weekend we were back in lockdown. We are trying to organise a catch up for our sewing group. Hopefully if lockdown lifts we will meet in groups of 10. If too many turn up we will make 2 groups. An easy fix.






I joined this panel swap on QATW site. My partner really liked the idea of getting something from Australia. 

So I bought this panel.

Chose fabrics.


Started sewing

I had so much trouble getting this to work. I drew it out. Measured it up and cut the strips but failed to realise I had done it wrong until I was sewing it together. The strips don’t get cut the width of the squares. So I unpicked, cut, resewed, repeated. Joined pieces together as fabric was running short. Frustration set in but I persevered.


Now the borders are on. This now measures 60” square. A great size quilt. The colours are showing a bit darker than what they actually are. I love this top

I got this in the mail on 5th Sept. It waited in Australia for weeks. 7th October it finally arrived in the USA. Now to wait until my partner gets it.




11 comments:

Maria said...

It lovely meeting I the park . Our group often do on a sunny day just for an outing…
Your panel turned out really nice. I’m sure your partner will love it…

Janet O. said...

Good for you! I love the create ways we make the best of things. Looks like you had a good time together in spite of the chill in the air.
Your additions to that panel are stunning! What a treat for your partner.

Jenny said...

That looks amazing! Great job, a little slice of Aussie swinging it's way to live overseas.

kiwikid said...

Lovely to meet with your friend in the park Jo. Your quilt from the panel is stunning.

Vireya said...

Very creative use of the panel! I hope it gets to the recipient soon.

Coffee in the park sounds like a good idea.

Janice said...

It was a great idea to have show and tell in the park. I do hope you can get your quilting group together soon. I saw a group of ladies sitting at a table in the park playing cards. Why not! It must be a relief to hear that your quilt has finally arrived in the USA. Let’s hope the last leg of the journey is quicker. I’m sure she’ll love it.

KaHolly said...

I wish Americans were as careful! This panel quilt is amazing, Jo! Love what you did with it!

QuiltGranma said...

I am so glad you got a chance to get together with a dear friend! And that is a wonderful quilt top you have been working on.

Susan said...

It does look a bit "chilly"

I love how you did that panel..a great idea for an overseas gift. - very creative.

dq said...

Oh, this is fantastic!!! Love the way you framed in that panel piece!

Glad you are finding ways to get out and socialize while sewing. It looks cold to me, but ofcourse we are into cool temps here in the states.

Chookyblue...... said...

always great tp spend time with a friend........
the panel came up great......