Saturday 11 June 2022

A quilt for an Aussie Hero.

  After zoom the other Saturday I continued in my sewing mood and spent the day trimming, quilting and binding a quilt for an Aussie Hero. AUSSIE HERO QUILTS

I had this quilt made for quite a while and it had already been basted.

I trimmed it even. I’m not sure why I did this before I quilted as I normally trim after quilting. A brain fade moment.

I did a simple quilt in the ditch diagonally and horizontally. 

Next was attaching the binding. 

All by machine.

This quilt and laundry bag have been sent off to a HERO on deployment.




12 comments:

Maria said...

Great quilt and laundry bag for a veteran.. 😀👍

Chookyblue...... said...

That is a great design..... I'm sure it will be loved......

Kathy S. said...

It's beautiful. LOVE that pattern. Hoping it brings the HERO comfort.

loulee said...

One very lucky hero.

Janet O. said...

Great finish! Isn’t it funny how we sometimes forget what we have always known and done. Glad it all still worked out.

Mari said...

Great quilt finish! I love all the plaids.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving all these plaids! I'm sure this quilt will be well used and well loved.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful quilt and laundry bag Jo, I am sure it will be loved.

Susan said...

Great effort Jo - - very effective pattern.

Janice said...

A nice one to have finished and sent on its way.

Karen S said...

Great to see your quilt finished. Love the idea of them going is a laundry bag, too. Makes so much sense. And finishing the binding by machine is great when you know it will probably go through the wash a few times. Great to see all the checks and plaids.

jude's page said...

Great job jo, I'm sure it will be received well