Wednesday 22 June 2022

Baby bibs and other gifts.

 One of my best and oldest friends recently became first time grandparents. I have been busy making some gifts for them. I already had a sample package put aside. I keep this for measurements and a reminder of how/what to do. So out came other supplies


I make these bibs out of a towel. It’s the easiest way. Buy a nice quality towel. Depending on the size I can get 6-8 bibs made. Cut the towel evenly. I then cut a 6” hole for the head. Add ribbing for the neck and add binding in the colour of your choice. No backing required because of the good towel used. The bibs can’t be pulled off easy and they cover a lot of the body front. Easy clean up.


I continued to make flannelette bandana bibs with the snap closures.
The holes cut from the towelling bibs I backed with flannelette and overlocked the edges. These became washable breast pads.
Also made, the new in thing, pee pee tents. To help when changing boys nappies.

And I love knitting these cuddle bunnies. I use soft thick yarn. Chenille works really well.




This is a super easy cute baby gift package.




11 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

A lovely package for the new bub.

Maria said...

Fantastic gifts for the new babe…

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lovely pack for a new bub. Great idea using towels for making the bibs.

Janice said...

What a nice little collection. It’s handy to have some go to patterns.

Ruth said...

I wondered about the "pee pee tents" but when I clicked on the words, it took me to peekaboostudio. Which is nice, but no help with "pee pee tents"!

loulee said...

What a wonderful gift.

Jenny said...

Such a lovely selection of gifts. I've made the little cuddle bunny before but got all messed up with the head, I should have another try and perhaps read the pattern again properly. Or ask an expert to interpret it for me!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful gifts for a new bub. I could have used some of those pee pee tents years ago!!

Karen S said...

What a wonderful collection of gifts.
It makes a lot of sense to have a plan when it comes to baby gifts. Lovely.

jude's page said...

What a great idea, and pee pee tent, what next??!!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a great bundle of goodies........I'm with Jude also??? What next???lol