Monday 30 January 2023

SAS - Another 12” Sailing Ship done.

 Wow. These blocks take hours to do. I am lucky this is the last of them. It was also the hardest.

I have most of the ship made and am now trying to fit the areas around it to make up to a 12” block.

I am trying to incorporate some SAS pieces to blend in with the other blocks. 

This, so far, has taken me 2 hours.

Another 1 1/2 - 2 hours saw me finish the block. What was I thinking when I drew this up. 


And here the 4 ships are together. Next on the to do list will be to make the smaller blocks up to a 12” block. So that means the outside sashing borders can go on.


I am happy how these are looking.
I am on track for our first sewing weekend in Feb to sew as a group.


16 comments:

Denice Barker said...

You were thinking this is going to be an amazing quilt, that's what! I can't wait to see it!!

loulee said...

They're looking good.

Janet O. said...

Wow, labor intensive, but the results appear to be well worth it!

Jenny said...

Four ships asailing over the deep blue sea!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

wow! Those are amazing blocks!! xx

dq said...

OH goodness! So darn cute and I love them!

Lin said...

Yes I agree, absolutely so worth the effort, this is going to be a lovely quilt. xx

Janice said...

You are a glutton for punishment. Once it’s completed you will see it was worth it.

Dorian said...

They might be a lot of hard work Jo, but they sure look fantastic! You're doing a great job.

Karen's Korner said...

Fabulous.

Maria said...

I am always surprised how patient we can be with our sewing but well worth all your work.
The ships look fabulous.

Vireya said...

They look terrific, Jo!

Susan said...

I think this is such a wonderful idea - though I recognise some of the trickiness.

cityquilter grace said...

wow that is coming along beautifully....can't wait to see more!

kiwikid said...

Well worth the effort Jo, they look amazing.

jude's page said...

well worth the effort, looking forward to seeing the finish quilt top!!