Friday 13 January 2023

STORM @ SEA sailing ships.

 I have all my pieces cut out on the go cutter for this quilt but I need to have a few sailing ships to go in there too.

So I sat and had a play. Using up some scrap blues, which just happens to be the RSC colour for January.

https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2023/01/scraphappy-saturday-week-2.html

Having fun with scraps. Not really knowing what I am doing. Just having a play.


And this is what I have done so far. They are cute..


Here are the 2 blocks side by side. These ones measure 6”.


I need another block that measures 9” and one that’s in between the 2 sizes. I’ll be working on them soon.


14 comments:

Lin said...

Yes indeed they are cute - will make a great addition to your quilt. xx

Susan said...

I love this idea….very creative

Jenny said...

That's a very clever idea you came up with.

Janice said...

You’ve made a good start

Karen's Korner said...

A very successful "play time" in the sewing room.

loulee said...

Cute blocks. Have fun with the other sizes.

jude's page said...

They look great Jo, a fantastic idea, look forward to seeing the finish, sometime!

Karen S said...

That is a great way to create the boats!!

Vireya said...

They are cute sailboats.

Ondrea said...

Wow! Clever boat creations. Looking forward to seeing you put them together.

Janet O. said...

Excellent. I am in awe with the results of your play time.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, these are going to make a super cute quilt, Jo!

Linda said...

You have come up with a very clever block, Jo. I look forward to seeing more blocks in the future.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

These are super cute and I love how they're on point.