Thursday 9 February 2023

Another SAS block is done… and the next one prepared.

 Ok. I have been working on my next SAS block. I had made the little ship block a while back but needed to make it up to a 12” block. I have had it laid out ready to sew. Started piecing. This first part took longer than expected. I had skipped stitches, loose threads and other issues. I rewound my bobbin, changed thread, changed needle and tried again. It seemed to be better now.

So I continued on and completed the block.

But there were rocky seas with the piece next to the ships sail. It didn’t look right. So I spent half hour with jack sparrow

Then another half hour restitching to get to this. I think it looks much better. You can now see the ship and sail much better. 

How fun is Limo swimming around. Here the blocks are together. Now to get the last sailing ship ready in its 12” block.

I have laid out the last ship block ready to sew.













11 comments:

Susan said...

It's coming together so well.

Denice Barker said...

Ohm my gosh! The fish! It's perfect!!!

Terry said...

SO much work but those blocks are gorgeous!! :0)

loulee said...

Looking good Jo.

Maria said...

Looking good! Love wee Nemo.

Janice said...

Go you! Worth redoing.

Karen S said...

The blocks are looking great. You have a lot of patience!

Lin said...

Worth all that faffing around as the sail stands out beautifully now. These are looking so lovely! xx

cityquilter grace said...

omigosh jo...that is sooo stunning and i agree with the change...sometimes that happens working with scraps...

jude's page said...

What great ideas for a storm at sea quilt to make it an original! I love it.

Ondrea said...

The blocks are so lovely and interesting to see how they are pieced.