Monday 27 February 2023

Black and bling

 The other weekend I attended a weekend retreat at Jude’s . A breast cancer awareness fundraiser.

Well Saturday night was to be a ‘black and bling’ night. So the weeks leading up to my packing I had to sort out a few things. I went through my wardrobe to see what black outfits I had that fitted me. That was fun but I did find something. Next was to sort through my jewellery. Also fun. I found a few things that would suit but I also found some that really needed a good clean. I only have the basic jewellery cleaner at home but that was a good start.

I found these 2 pieces that need some work.

First up was this lovely necklace. Very plain but special and very dull and dirty.

It really was a terrible colour. Now look at it after 10 minutes.

Next up was a very pretty bracelet. Not a very good photo though. Well it was supposed to be pretty. 

So some time was spent with soaking, rubbing with a cloth, scrubbing in soapy water.

Look at it now.


So I am happy that I spent a bit of time cleaning these. Now they can be worn again.
These have a bit of bling but will I wear these or something else.


14 comments:

jude's page said...

Great cleaning job Jo, and even though I was in the same room, I can't tell you if you wore them or something else?? Perhaps the photos will tell me?

Susan said...

a good outcome - I'm sure you will find opportunities to wear them again.

Vireya said...

Much prettier with a bit of a clean!

loulee said...

Nice job. Hmm, I wonder what dress up theme Chooky will have this year?

Jenny said...

They cleaned up well.

Janice said...

They came up beautifully. Very pretty

Janet O. said...

Wow, from dull to dazzling!

Maria said...

Surprising what a little cleaning does….

Lin said...

They cleaned up a real treat! I especially love the necklace. xx

kiwikid said...

They look wonderful all cleaned up.

Chookyblue...... said...

Maybe the theme was from black to bling..... They scrubbed up well........

Cheryll said...

Looking gOOd after some TLC...xox

Star Gambling said...

I am thankful for the author's dedication to staying up to date with the latest trends and topics.

Ondrea said...

Wow! They look so different cleaned lol.