Friday 3 February 2023

I’m ready for the SAS SAL weekend with my quilt group.

 I am using my 20” project board for my next Storm at Sea block.

I had previously made the small sailing ship block. This needed to be built up to the 12” that fits into my quilt. So I spent about 1 1/2 hours laying out all the pieces. Then I discovered that I had missed cutting out one of the colours and shapes required. My medium blues in the shape of B & B reverse. I need 11 of each for the quilt. I hadn’t even counted these pieces. 

So I sat and cut around another colour so I had them ready.

Laid out my block. All ready to sew.


Do you like Nemo showing up. I have added a few fun, fussy cut pieces. Hope they all work out as a whole quilt. It is very busy but it should be ok.



17 comments:

Lin said...

I love the addition of Nemo - looking great. xx

Mari said...

This looks very complicated! Hope you have fun and end up with a great quilt.

loulee said...

It's going to be a lovely quilt. The odd nemo with make a great game of eye spy, or spot the fish.

Jenny said...

Nemo and friends will be a great addition. I certainly admire you tackling this complicated design.

Janet O. said...

I love that Nemo made an appearance. How fun!
This looks like it takes way more brain power than I possess, but it is going to be a wonderful quilt!

Vireya said...

Have fun at your sewing weekend!
So much work in each part of this design. It is going to be fantastic when done.

Karen S said...

I am admiring your patience and planning with these blocks. Wonderful work.

kiwikid said...

Love Nemo popping up!

Maria said...

Can't wait to see this quilt put together, will be great with a few cute nemos popping up.

Janice said...

Better you than me working out that quilt. Memo is a nice surprise

cityquilter grace said...

ooh that is gorgeous so far!!! can't wait to see more..

Cheryll said...

OOhhh I like this one. I look forward to seeing it together...xox

Gail said...

That is going to be a FUN Quilt! I can't wait to see it finished!

Ondrea said...

That is a fun idea adding Nemo! Love it!

jude's page said...

Another great idea Jo, it's looking good, I think you used the Accuquilt die Storm at Sea?? All the corners are already cut which makes it easier to sew.

Linda said...

Enjoy your forthcoming get together with your Quilt Group. Looks as though you’re organised!

Chookyblue...... said...

loving the blocks so far