Wednesday 15 February 2023

SAS choppy seas and Jack Sparrow has visited again. Poor Dory

 I am slowly moving along with my Storm at Sea quilt. All my pieces for the next row are laid out.

Do you see Dory swimming around. Well she got a bit confused. The seas must have been a bit too choppy and she got knocked about. 

Swimming upside down.

So I had to have Jack Sparrow visit me. He got it sorted for me.

Dory is back to normal now so I could move on to the next blocks.

Can you see the stars across the top and the beginning of the first right star at night.

What do you think of the navy border that is being created. Once the blocks/rows are sewn together my borders are already done.

The rest of the row is laid out ready for the next sewing day. It looks a bit of a mess but I’m getting there. I’m also loving these project boards. They have made it so much easier to keep my pieces in place until they are sewn.


12 comments:

Lin said...

Looking amazing - love the border and the star. Glad you got Dory sorted. xx

Janice said...

As I keep saying, you have more patience than me. It is looking so good. Just as well you noticed Dory now.

Denice Barker said...

I am loving this!

loulee said...

Oh Wow! That is coming together beautifully. I love the darker border idea.

Karen's Korner said...

Looking good. Often found myself in the same position as Dory when ocean swimming.

Cheryll said...

It's coming together really well... looks GReaT...xox

Maria said...

Good to see Dory was sorted.

Susan said...

It's looking amazing Jo - well done.

Vireya said...

Wow! This is so fantastic!

Jenny said...

Yes indeed you are getting there! It's a good job Dory is now right way up, poor fishy.

Karen S said...

It is quite fascinating watching this quilt grow with each block.
Love the idea of the borders happening as you go.

Chookyblue...... said...

poor dory she nevers knows what she's doing let alone what way she's going.......and I do love nemo.......your doing great.....