Saturday 18 March 2023

Early February SAS and a pin cushion.

 Hi everyone. I am going to be playing catch-up over the next couple of posts. I have had a good and not so good month and have not done anything to do with sewing. So now I will start with.


WHERE AM I AT WITH MY SAS.


I have turned both corners and it is looking good.

I got another row sewn together and another block laid out ready to sew but that has been put on hold until Scrub Stitchin. I think this is what I will be working on as everyone there wants to see it for show n tell.

Also ready for scrub Stitchin is this little pin cushion/clover clip holder. Last year when I was there Chooky gave me a pattern to try. Well, I finally got around to it. It was a tiny log cabin, paper pieced block. What to do with it stalled me but that is sorted now.


I dug into my scrap basket.

Started to sew.

Finished the block and removed the papers.

A pin cushion was made.

Then my clover clips added, ready for my sewing bag to take to Scrub Stitchin. The pattern wasn’t wasted.  It measures 5” finished.

Thanks Chooky

14 comments:

Vireya said...

Cute pincushion from those tiny blocks!

Denice Barker said...

Your SAS is looking more than good! I so wish I could see it in person so when you post photos when it's finished please take lots of close ups. I love it!

Mari said...

Your storm at sea looks great so far! And the pincushion is adorable. Have fun sewing with friends!

Jenny said...

You have had a busy day. Enjoy your time away at your stitching retreat.

loulee said...

What a cute pincushion. Looking forward to seeing your Storm at Sea.

kiwikid said...

Love your pincushion, looking forward to seeing Storm at Sea.

Ondrea said...

Loooove your pincushion and your SAS is stunning so far!! Have fun at SS.

Maria said...

Storm at Sea is looking fantastic. Lucky ladies to see it finished in the flesh, fabric.......
Such a cute clip/pincushion.

Janice said...

What a great version. It is so cheerful in the rainbow colours. It will be so versatile with the flange for the clips.

jude's page said...

Love your pincushion and your Storm at Sea is looking fantastic. Worth the effort.

Raewyn said...

Oh yes, I'm looking forward to seeing your SAS at Scrub Stitching - and the gorgeous pin cushion, Actually I'm looking forward to seeing Everything at Scrub Stitching!! Not long now :-)

Canuck Quilter said...

Your SAS is fabulous, and the pincushion is darling.

Chookyblue...... said...

they are the cutest little pin cushions.........

Chookyblue...... said...

and yes i want to see storm at sea also.......