Sunday 5 March 2023

SAS progress. Are you tired of my progress photos.

I think I need to take stage by stage photos of my SAS to keep me inspired.

It is a very long project that I could easily loose interest in. 

Ok… I have the ship block done - now to make the corner par to join it to. Here are the cut pieces laid out.

Now sewn into a corner block

Next are the sides blocks of the ship.

The left hand side

The right hand side all laid out.

And stitched

Then I sewed them all together. BUT OOPS. I think I forget the lower left hand pieces of the border.


Here, this looks better. All sewn.
Can you see how I am doing the outer edge in a darker navy so it creates a border. Once the blocks are sewn together in rows there will be nothing else to sew other than quilting it.





15 comments:

Mari said...

Never get tired of seeing pretty things! Keep going!

loulee said...

You're making great progress.

Jenny said...

This looks so complicated to me but you seem to be getting thr blocks made no trouble at all.

jude's page said...

Looking fantastic Jo, well done!!

Janet O. said...

Tired? NO!
Fascinated with how you manage to keep all this straight and make this intricate design? YES!

Ondrea said...

It is such an intricate pattern requiring heaps of concentration . I love seeing how they come together.

Vireya said...

It is fascinating seeing how it all goes together.

Linda said...

Goodness Jo this looks SO complicated. I would have abandoned it by now, even if I ever started in the first place! Well done you for going on with it! Is a medal awarded at the end?

Susan said...

Still loving the pics...its so creative.

Karen S said...

Never tired of seeing this project come together.

Maria said...

Great progress…..

cityquilter grace said...

keep the pix coming jo...it is looking awesome every time

kiwikid said...

Never tire of your progress photos, I couldn't see the ship and then pop there it was!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Your doing great and I like the dark edge......

Chookyblue...... said...

Never sick of progress shots...