Sunday 12 March 2023

It was about time this beauty was basted.

 I was in the mood to get this one off the wall and basted.

I needed the backing to be pieced. I used what I had and just sewed strips on, trimmed and sewed again.

Then I ended up with this..

Wow… it’s all basted now ready for quilting. The best part is I know how I want to quilt it. Amazing.


Now with the leftovers I will sew them all together and trim down to 2 1/2” strips, keep joining them again until I have enough for the binding. I am keen to use all these scraps up instead of putting them into the scrap bucket…….



11 comments:

jude's page said...

Looking forward to seeing how you quilted it Jo, bet it feels good to get it basted and know how you are going to proceed.

Denice Barker said...

I always love when I can get something crossed off the list, too!

Dorian said...

LOL, that is often the hardest part! Glad you got the backing done and your all set to quilt! have fun.

loulee said...

Have fun quilting. Will this one be coming along for show and tell at Baradine?

Jenny said...

That's a great idea to use up those bits and pieces for the binding.

Janet O. said...

Look at you go! I always stall when I have the top done. It can take me years to go beyond that initial finish.
Cute pictures in the blocks. I am curious to see your quilting choices.

Janice said...

Have fun with it. I hope you use it all up.

Maria said...

Look forward to see how you quilt it.

Ondrea said...

I wish I could machine quilt. Looking forward to seeing your quilt completed.

Karen's Korner said...

It is a good feeling to move something towards the finish line. Looking forward to seeing how you quilt this one.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love that mini Christmas wall hanging, if I haven't said so already.
How great to get this one all basted...a big job! Well done. I never tire of seeing your progress photos, btw. Happy Stitching from me!