Monday 24 April 2023

Scrub Stitchin 2023

Many of you will have seen a lot of the photos I will be sharing over the next few posts. Hopefully they will make you smile and remember a good few days at retreat.

The day we set off to Scrub Stitchin 2023.

 I am so happy to have the weather warming up as we head north.

We have not seen as many emus before as we did crossing the Hay plains. There were so many. We would have seen about 50 or more. Sorry but no photos of them. However I did get a photo of these ones. 

Passed this wonderful silo at Weethalle. This was painted by Heesco Khosnaran.
Painted silos are popping up all over the country now and are magnificent to see up close.


And we enjoyed a lovely Chinese dinner in Forbes.
We finally made it. After driving about 30kms on a dirt road, not so good in our bus, 
we arrived at Chooky’s for the night.
 
Surprising Sylvia and Arky and Gail then later Lou and Tony. 
Spending a bit of time to see the famous CHOOKSHED.



It was so good meeting some of the internationals the night before the retreat began.

I was gifted this beautiful bag from Sylvia.



Well it has started and look at the set up. Filled full of joy and happiness. 
Everyone unpacked and busily chatting away or sewing. Just enjoying themselves.



Blogger is not being my friend today so I will leave it here and continue on later with our 
gift bags, other fun projects and of course attendees….



11 comments:

Lin said...

Haha - driving through the Somerset countryside the other day I spotted toe emu in a field of sheep! Couldn't believe my eyes - I have seen ostrich before but not emu. Love all the silo art I am seeing, must be such fun to come across. I have had the pattern for one of those bags for years - one day! xx

jude's page said...

Thanks for the memories Jo, it was a great trip!

Chookyblue...... said...

always great to see what you all post and what each person liked etc........
sorry about the beautiful road but it was really good at present.........

Vireya said...

Sounds like a fantastic retreat!

Linda said...

Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy!

loulee said...

Looking forward to the next instalment. It was a good night at Chookys.

Jenny said...

A great start to your adventure.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful memories Jo.

Susan said...

I love reading everyone's posts - they bring back such great memories.

Janice said...

It was lovely having the catch up at Chooky’s before the big event. Your drive up sounds wonderful. I love the silos. So many more I want to see. We all looked so industrious at Scrub Stitchin’

Raewyn said...

Lovely memories alright. How very cool that you were able to visit the Chookshed!! Oh yes, I remember that road to Chooky's place! That was a very cool silo at Weethalle - loved the sheep in the balcony :-)