Friday 23 June 2023

Charity sewing. Neo natal covers

 I had a bit of a play around day with some baby scraps. My group make neonatal covers for our local hospital so I made a few for them. They are only about 24” x 30”so don’t take lone. They do not have wadding but flannel on the back. Just something to help keep out the light from the top of the cribs. Also, to make the area a little bit more pretty. Using up little bags of leftovers.


I followed this tutorial and found it very easy.




I also made some little dolls blankets for another group.


These are the leftovers from a bag of greens. 


Top is done. Now just need to work out the backs.



9 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great work Jo, fantastic to sew for those groups and to use up your scraps.

dq said...

Not much green left from what I can see. All of these gifted projects will be so loved!

Lin said...

Nice use of your scraps. xx

Janice said...

That’s a beaut simple little pattern. I have been using flannel on the back of the donation quilts I have been making and picked up some at an op shop the other day. I may have to try that pattern.

Maria said...

A lovely way to use up scraps and help out a few good causes.
Well done Jo.💖

Jenny said...

You have been busy, these little projects ts must have been so satis6to make.

Ondrea said...

Such a great idea and a lovely caring thing to do. Looks great.

Karen S said...

These are a wonderful idea. And so handy with all the left overs to be used.

jude's page said...

A good plan to use up those smaller bits, of which I have plenty!!