Sunday 21 July 2024

What have I been doing

 Not my challenge no 1, or anything much else really. I have been unwell this week with no energy. Snugged up at home and trying to stay warm.

However, I have been crocheting. A friend has requested some help with donating some 8” squares to charity. I could surely manage that. So out came some yarn scraps and off I went. I have made 20 C2c squares. That’s corner 2 corner. Easy to make without too much concentration. 

I have wanted to pick up my Kawandi tablecloth and get some more stitched but I felt it was too big for how I felt. Instead, I worked on a small project for a friend. I had an idea to make a gift card for her birthday card. I pulled some scraps of fabric with a few things she liked. We have travelled together, we both like scraps, she likes artsy projects, she uses script fabric, loves her garden, loves blue and really enjoys vintage things. I had mums old threads so used some to stitch with..

My idea was to make a Kawandi inspired card. 

This is the result….

Linking up with Kathy on Slow Stitching Sunday


10 comments:

Maria said...

Looks gorgeous!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm sorry you've not been feeling well - hope you're better soon! The crocheted squares look perfect to work on, as does the card. It's so fun to look at - I bet your friend will love it!

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely projects! Hope you feel better soon!

Jenny said...

Oh dear, I'm sending you Get Well Wishes from across the Dutch, do hope you are starting to feel better soon. Your crochet blocks look nice, I dont crochet myself but always admire those who do.

Robin said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to try this.

jude's page said...

A lovely idea Jo, you've thought about it and it fits your friend well

loulee said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful card Jo.

Karen S said...

Not good to read you have been unwell.
Lovely choice of projects to manage as you recuperate.
The crochet blocks work well and that card is a stunner.

Ondrea said...

Great idea for a card. Looks lovely! What pattern is the crochet? They look so nice. Hope you are recovering quickly.

dq said...

The card you made is a real treasure, Jo.