Wednesday 31 July 2024

End of month reporting

 It’s the last day of the month and I had my challenge item sitting on the couch, waiting to be worked on, until 2 days ago. My En Provence Bonnie Hunter 2016 - 2017 mystery quilt needed its binding. I actually stuck with it and finished the top in January 2017. There it sat until I finally got them Quilted in 2023 by Judy.

 Then it was trimmed and the binding machined on to the front. Once again, it sat in the cupboard.

But thanks to the challenge it’s number 1 was drawn out to be worked on in July. And I did it. The hand stitching is done.


It is finished and beautiful.


I have also put a hanging sleeve on and the label. So when I gift it everything is ready.


So cute all rolled up.


I am linking up with Deana over at

https://dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com/2024/07/july-chookshed-linky-15-minutes-phd-and.html




13 comments:

Denice Barker said...

Oh! It IS beautiful!!

Susan said...

It looks gorgeous….this challenge is so motivating!

loulee said...

Great finish Jo.

Robin said...

Nice job! I think a long time finish feels more satisfying that a short term one. Congratulations!

Susan Smith said...

Well done and it is "beautiful". You've done well on the chookshed challenge. Have a happy/fruitful August. Take care & hugs.

Jenny said...

Good things take time, (and don't I know it) but you have finished your challenge, well done.

kiwikid said...

Well done on meeting the challenge, it is a beautiful quilt.

Maria said...

A beautiful finish Jo. 👍

Vireya said...

Congratulations, Jo! Beautiful finish.

dq said...

Yay, Yay, Yay, Jo. How fun that Judy quilted it for you!

Narelle said...

Oh wow! That's a stunner!
Well done on your challenge finish x

Janice said...

After a couple of crazy months, I am finally catching up on reading blogs. Boy, you have packed a lot in since early May. Didn’t you have the best ever extended birthday party and trip north. So many wonderful memories for you. I’ve enjoyed seeing your Farmer’s Wife quilt grow, as well as your Sashiko, kiwis, kawandi and En Provence. Hopefully, I’ll keep more up to date from now on.

Chookyblue...... said...

I love that quilt and wonderful to have it finished............