Wednesday 20 May 2015

My crazy patchwork block ... Task 3, 4, 5 & 6

After changing some of my fabrics and ready to start I decided my backing fabric wasn't good enough. I wanted some more muslin but the fabric shops are an hour away. So off to the op shop I went. I got 3 pieces 1 metre square for only $ 1.50.. BARGAIN.
I know this one has a pattern on it but I am happy with it. It wont show through to the front.

Here is task 3 & 4



I am happy that I only put the darker fabric in twice. Hope this is ok... My fabrics are only scraps and I think go together well... Fingers crossed...

Task # 5 was to collect sequins, beads, ribbons & charms.....
I picked up these bargain silk ribbons...


Bought some charms at the local quilt shop.

 This was my original collection. 

 Task no. 6 was to start stitching.. I have limited coloured threads so hopefully I have worked out a balance. I have added a little bit of glitter thread to bling it up a bit. It is more of a subdued colour range than others have done.
 The  overall block is done for this task... 

Seam no. 1 & 8 still need beads. I love the purples in seam no. 9.


Seam no. 2 will get beads added later.       Seam no. 3 has different thicknesses of threads and I also mixed them up with 1 or 2 wrap French knots.

 Seam no. 4 still needs filling in.    Seam no. 7 has some silver thread to lift it a bit more.






19 comments:

Terry said...

Your block looks great! I really do want to try this someday. :0)

Kathy S. said...

Oh my!!! Your stitches are just perfect. LOVE love love those purple flowers. Great hand work!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I almost didn't check out your blog as your pic on the Freshly Pieced WIP post wasn't all that interesting but wait...there's more to this block of yours. Had I not stopped to look I would have totally missed a great looking block and I must say I've never seen such embellishments before. Are you making more to make into a quilt or something else? Very nice. I'm glad I stopped by.

Christine M said...

WOW Jo! Your block is looking wonderful.

KERYN B said...

Jo your blocks are just gorgeous and yes the purple is very pretty - such neat work and what a bargain hunter you are.

elliek said...

Love the purple flowers and glad that there are some butterflies in the charms.

kris said...

Wow, what pretty embroidery!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo and wow this is looking fantastic,I love the colours ans stitches you are using,it's awesome,well done xx

Sandra Walker said...

The purple is just the bomb! Love it. Love this entire block, but I do love subdued colours, mmm!

Linda said...

Your block is lovely. The purple flowers are so pretty and show up well on the neutral background.

kiwikid said...

Looking fantastic Jo.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jo this is so pretty! Love those little hollyhocks (?)

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Unknown said...

What a great stitcher you are! Love the block!

Sheila said...

It is just gorgeous , you do beautiful stitching !!!

Kate said...

It's gorgeous. The couple pieces of darker fabric add a little zing. Beautiful stitches. I'm definitely going to have to try this class later this year.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your crazy quilt block looks great! It's really fun to see what you've worked on this week for the course.

Jennie in GA said...

Love CQing. Gathering things together is almost as much fun as stitching!

BizarreQuilter said...

Looks amazing. Very soft, gentle colours. Your embroidery is really lovely. xo

BizarreQuilter said...

Looks amazing. Very soft, gentle colours. Your embroidery is really lovely. xo