Wednesday 2 January 2019

BOM SIGNS UPS & a great start to the NEW YEAR.


Deana, who I have been following for a few years now, has this great SAL going on.
You choos the BOM you want to work on.. Sew away and each month link up and shadow others what you are doing.
Deana has a great selection she is doing herself so you could SAL with her too.

Link ups are 2 times a month and sign ups close on January 15.
So go along, have a read and join in.

https://dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com/2018/12/join-2019-create-your-own-bom.html


I loved making these curved log cabin blocks a few years back.
They use up the tiniest strips. Some are less than an inch.
Have a look at this post to see more about them.







I want to get back to some more of these butterfly blocks. They are great for kids quilts, gifts and charity makes. Also, a great way to get rid of more scraps.



Here is the tutorial I followed that Joanne has done.

I also sew along with SO SCRAPPY
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com

THIS MONTH IS RED.

I am on holidays still so hopefully I'll get some sewing in and make a start.

If I set aside 1 project a weekend I must just get some done.

11 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I like your idea to make more butterflies! I'm still pondering if Ill set monthly goals...think think think..

dq said...

Yay Yay Yay! I will love watching! I always do!

Those circular log cabins are so pretty! Was it a rainbow scrap challenge? The butterflies are such happy blocks too.

Linda said...

Love those log cabins.

jacaranda said...

Log cabins are lovely, nice and bright.

Maria said...

Tere are lots of great projects and BOMs to keep you very busy this year Jo...

Vireya said...

Great idea creating your own BOM. I love the butterflies and have made of note of them. I think I might have to make them for the next charity quilts I do.

Crystal_235 said...

I love the butterflies.

PaulaB quilts said...

Doing your own BOM is a fun idea. I’m thinking of doing something with improv scraps.

kiwikid said...

The BOM link up looks good Jo, might motivate me!! Love the butterflies and log cabins.

Sheryl said...

Beautiful log cabin blocks Jo, such pretty colours. Happy New Year.

Susan said...

Both are such fun to see!