Friday 4 January 2019

Quilting butterflies & the HEAT

We are sitting here in the stinking hot today. It is a cool (haha) 45 deg Celsius or 113 deg Fahrenheit.
Of all days as I am cleaning my sewing room and reevaluating my projects for the year and don't want to venture outside.
The air con keeps tripping the fuse so outside we go and keep flicking it back on.
Hubby is outside checking it out. Cleaning everything we can. Fingers crossed it stays on this time.
If we have to call a technician he won't be able to get here until next week.

So off to put on a movie and sit in front of a fan. Then try to do a little sewing.

BUT FOR YOU TO LOOK AT.
You probably have had enough of seeing these quilts but they are together. Finished and ready to be delivered for my friend to sew the binding then gift away.
I think my photos are out of order but here I am working on the quilting. 
They both took a few days to do but I enjoyed stitching them.

And here they are done.
I am very happy with them.



I have passed them on to their maker and she loves them.

10 comments:

Vireya said...

They both look lovely.

Hope your aircon is managing to keep its cool until the change arrives! The temp has dropped to 30 here, hope you see some relief soon.

Maria said...

Lovely quilts !!!
I saw it was going to be very hot over your side... hope you stayed cool.

dq said...

It is crazy that you are sitting in 113 degrees. That is so miserably hot. If I was that hot I would keep a squirt bottle handy and keep myself kind of wet to cool down some. Oh, I feel bad for you! It is not common for the temperature to get very far above 100 degrees where I live on a high desert of the mountains.

It has been at or nearly below zero degrees F here. This would be almost -18 Celcius. It is not uncommon for Utah to experience weather at -20 F which would be -29 Celcius.

Mari said...

Good golly, Jo, you must be melting! That sounds just miserable. I hope your AC stays on! When we lived in a house without AC, it once got so hot that we had to take the kids to a hotel so they wouldn't get sick from the heat. When we got back the candles on the dining room table had melted. Hang in there! Pretty butterflies!

Crystal_235 said...

Love the quilts! We have an expected high of 37 F, which will be nice compared to how cold it was the other day.

Laura said...

How do you stand it so hot? No wonder your AC keeps blowing a fuse! I feel bad now complaining about all the rain we are getting.

Helen said...

Cute butterfly quilts hope you managed to stay cool.

kiwikid said...

I was thinking of you yesterday, we got to 44 deg C but only for a short time thank goodness. I hope the air con stayed working for you. The butterfly quilts are beautiful, great quilting, well done Jo.

Linda said...

Goodness, that heat sounds intense! Hope you manage to sort out your air conditioning problem. Butterfly quilts are gorgeous.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

After almost six months of being away from blogging, I thought I'd do some catching up on this chilly December day. Here you are with 113 degrees while we're chilly and near freezing here. Those butterfly quilts are adorable. I am sure they will be well received.