Thursday 24 January 2019

BORO BAG IS DONE.

My fat quarter was stitched and trimmed. The handles are a good match.
I have chosen this double side fabric for the top binding.
It was used in the bag and matches perfectly.


Well, my bag is all finished. The handles are on.
I LOVE IT.
I have already used it and I want to make more.



I started with a fat quarter size, added some wadding and a RED apple backing for the lining.
At least I was still keeping with JANUARYs theme colour.
Stitched all my BORO then just folded it in half and sewed the side seams.
Did my dog ear corners on the base, pleated and bound the top.
Added handles and here you have a beautiful bag.

Now I want to stitch some more BORO.

I'll decide on a starting size.  I might make a pouch with a plastic top.

12 comments:

Vireya said...

It looks great, Jo!

Kathy S. said...

Very cute. Love the patches.

dq said...

I love love love this bag. Are those quilting stitches on it? They add so much!

Ellen said...

Your bag looks great!

PaulaB quilts said...

Congratulations on a fine bag! I really like the pleat at the top. It keeps the bag from gapping open. Remind me again, please. What is a BORO?

Crystal_235 said...

What is a BORO bag? I've never seen double sided fabric before.

Maria said...

OH it's gorgeous Jo.......

Linda said...

Great bag, Jo. Love the handles. I can see why you want to make more.

jacaranda said...

Fabulous Jo.

Christine M said...

Your bag looks great, Jo. xx

Sheryl said...

Lovely bag Jo, you make it sound so easy to make.

kiwikid said...

Fantastic Jo, it looks amazing.