Tuesday 22 January 2019

Red pouch... RED, RED RED...


Stitching plastic is a bit tricky as it sticks to the machine bed.
Easily fixed.
I placed a sheet of telephone book paper under the plastic as I sewed. This made it slide s o easy.
Then when I had finished the paper just tears away.
Here I am biding the top and bottom edge of the plastic to fish the edges nicely.
The zip also is easier to fit onto the binding edge too.

My pouch is all done and is a great size.





It is a good size and having the plastic at the top you can easily see what is in there.



And here is my new pouch ready to use... 


I am still keep in theme with Angela @ Socrappy for this month is RED.
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2019/01/scraphappy-saturday-3.html

8 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

Love the pouch. Have never tried one with plastic.

jacaranda said...

A great pouch, especially as you can see what is in it. Would make wonderful gifts.

Vireya said...

The clear plastic is a clever idea. I've never tried sewing with it, so thanks for the tips.

Cheryll said...

Nice job... & a great use of ReD too... xox

kiwikid said...

Great pouch Jo, good to see how you managed sewing the plastic.
Hope you are holding up with your heatwave ok.

PaulaB quilts said...

You did a great job with the pouch, Jo.

dq said...

That is an awesome pouch. Anything in red and black is bound to be gorgeous! Jo, you are always making such a great variety of things.

Ellen said...

Your pouch looks like it will be very handy with the clear plastic for viewing the contents inside. If you are anything like me - out of sight = out of mind! Great finish!