Friday 5 April 2019

Basted, now Trim ready for quilting

And here is the rest of the story I forgot to finish from the last post.


Lay the top on and glue the first half.
Then move it all over the table.
Clamp it flat with the clips and finish the other half.

Now the top is on the excess gets chopped away.

Here it is ready for the quilting pile.

I can't manage the basting this way if it is a really big quilt. 
I haven't worked that out yet.
At my old house I had the bigger space and tables.
Mmmm... not here.

5 comments:

Cheryll said...

I'm sure you will come up with something for laying a larger quilt out. xox

Vireya said...

What sort of batting are you using? I didn't have much success with spray-basting wool battings. They came apart as soon as I started moving them around. But maybe I was doing something wrong?

Linda said...

Your quilt is looking good.

dq said...

How wonderful that you can work outside. It has snowed and snowed and snowed here. It has been a very long winter.

kiwikid said...

I sometimes use the outdoor table too Jo, is a great idea.