Thursday 4 April 2019

My way of Basting, outside and with spray glue..

I have always been part of some groups that had the space to do my basting.
Now I'm working full time that's not possible. I had to find a way to manage.

I do not have much space here to do my basting. As I use spray glue I don't want it in my house.
This is howI manage. My small outdoor table in my Alfresco area.

Lay out the backing over my outside table.
Clamp it with clips and masking tape.

Start spray glueing the wadding on. Making sure to flatten it out and keep it smooth.

4 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

I've never tried the basting sprays, I've always taped the quilt to the floor and pinned.

Linda said...

Interesting that you use spray glue. I tried it once years ago and couldn't get along with it at all.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

I think this is such a great idea. We got our garden makeover completed last September and I am so looking forward to being able to use the space for backing the quilts. I also use the spray and having pets means it is difficult. Thanks for sharing :)

kiwikid said...

Great idea Jo spraying keeps it all together and no stabs from the pins!!