Saturday 13 April 2019

Sandra's quilted & backing

I have been asked a few times how this quilt started.
I didn't get a photo of the original blocks before cutting them up so I have just laid some out to give you the idea.
String blocks were made out of all these dark colours.
The blocks were then pieced together. To me this was just a big confusing mess.
So the blocks were unpicked and sewn into half square triangles with some matching fabrics.

THATS HOW THE BELOW QUILT CAME ABOUT.
WASTE NOT, WANT NOT..



Here is another quilt finished for Charity.
Thanks to Sandra donating the string blocks.


Here is the backing with horses.
Great for a teenager..

8 comments:

Linda said...

What size did the finished quilt measure? Always good to finish UFOs and in this case create a quilt from someone else's abandoned work. Great work!

Jo said...

My email is not working properly

Mari said...

Nice save! It will be great for a teenager. Have a good weekend!

PaulaB quilts said...

Congratulations on a very clever solution for those blocks. The horse fabric is great.

Maria said...

Fantastic use of the strings.... do I need to sew my scraps together ?

elliek said...

Well done. Great solution.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful solution for the blocks, you made a great quilt Jo.

Sheryl said...

goodness what a wonderful quilt and a lot of work.