Friday 16 October 2020

HALLOWEEN MUG RUG & coffee cozy SWAP

I have taken part in a mug rug swap in the USA.. it is Halloween themed. I had fun making these and forwarding on but not with the postage costs. $38 - - I would have like to have added more goodies but I think I had spent enough.. Here is the front and the back. It is reversible..
Then I added a spooky button.
And am very happy with the finish. I added my name under the leaf.
In the parcel I put a sticky blood red hand print for on a window, an Australian quilting magazine and one of my bird cage key holders. Now we just have to wait for it to arrive

10 comments:

Vireya said...

$38! Ouch! International postage is just becoming too expensive. I hope your lovely gift arrives on time and is appreciated.

Pamela Arbour said...

It's a shame that postage is so high. You did a fabulous job on the mug rug and holder. Nice, spooky touches too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I hate how shipping costs are such a deterrent between countries. But you did a great job on that pumpkin mug rug and treats, esp. the Australian magazine. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Mari said...

Oh, it's lovely, Jo, and I'm sure it will be very appreciated. Even if it misses Halloween, it will still be lovely all the way through November and into the next holiday, which is Thanksgiving here in the US.

Jenny said...

Always a shame to have such high international postage costs, but we can't do anything about it, sadly. I'm sure your swap partner will love all the goodies in the parcel. Adding an Ausse quilt magazine is a great idea. Wonder what you will get back, it will be exciting to see.

Linda said...

Goodness, that’s a huge postage cost. I was horrified at the amount you paid to send the lovely parcel I received recently. Postage rates really stop people posting gifts, just a cheque instead. Takes a lot of joy away.

Crystal_235 said...

That's a cute mug rug and coffee cozy.

Maria said...

It does look like you had fun making the swap but that's ridiculously expensive to send the swap parcel to the US..

kiwikid said...

It looks like a fun swap Jo, love the mug rugs. It is a shame overseas post is getting so expensive.

dq said...

That is just too much money to spend. I am sorry to hear about those costs.
I love the pumpkin mug rug and the spider embellishment.