Sunday 18 October 2020

QATW BOOKCASE QUILT HAS MADE PROGRESS

I have had this quilt hanging on my design wall for a while. I did a block swap with the ladies from QATW and i need to do something to finish it. Here is the book title and book I made for this bookcase quilt.
I was sent a block that was a front of a camera but it was far tooooo big to be in this bookcase. so I trimmed it down, added borders, added a title - EYE SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE -- and now it has become a front on book sitting on a shelf.
I have added doilies under the lamp, clock & jug with dish to give it the homely feel.
I then decided on what I wanted to do with the borders so added them Then it was time to decide what to do with some extra blocks. The cat & the bird cage. Well I put a hook in for the bird cage. Now i just have to hand applique it.
Next was the cat. I wanted him sitting on the floor but I am still deciding if i want him further towards the bookcase or more to the edge as he hasn't got a tail
Here it is so far. I now have some hand sewing for SLOW STITCHING SUNDAY

13 comments:

jude's page said...

Good progress Jo, good to "see" you yesterday. Lovely that your daughter will be closer.

jude's page said...

Good progress Jo, good to "see" you yesterday. Lovely that your daughter will be closer.

Maria said...

The bookcase is looking great..

Pamela Arbour said...

Congratulations on your bookcase project. It looks great. I haven't made one of those yet.

Gail said...

I love that bookcase! It was nice to sit and stitch with everyone in the Chookshed! I love to listen while I stitch. Keep up the amazing work.

dq said...

I cannot believe how real it looked in the zoom meeting. The doilies really make it more real.

kiwikid said...

Love your bookcase quilt Jo, it looks so real. There is so much to look at in it. Was great to see you at the zoom party.

Vireya said...

That is a great bookcase!

Cheryll said...

Great bookcase quilt so far...xox

marina said...

It looks amazing Jo! so many things to looks at it's beautiful.
Lovely to 'zoom' you on saturday too.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It looks amazing! I just love all of that extra details you've added.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a beautiful quilt! Love the embellishments and details you've added. Inspiring!

Andrea said...

OMG!!! That bookcase is looking amazing!