Monday 8 August 2022

Another round on my Round Robin. 3d

 My thought process for this next border was it had to be a bit lighter too get away from the heavy braid. My choice was prairie points. I had seen on Pinterest a different way to do a 2 coloured prairie point. Now I had to make it fit. I did a practice piece but this was a bit small so I made it bigger. Drew out the measurements and plan.


And guessed 


Cut 2 different coloured strips 3” wide, and sewed them together lengthwise.
I marked the squares 3” apart. Alternating the top row with the bottom row and snipped up to the seam line. Then ironed all the points over.


Double prairie point tutorial.  Not in English but I followed the photos.
Now that the strips were made I had to get them to fit. I sewed plain white 3 1/2” borders all around then placed the points on top


I have taken over the dining room as an extra sewing space while my hubby has been away.


Positioned the points to match on all sides


 Now to work out the corners.




WOW, look at it now. I am so happy with



18 comments:

Julierose said...

As well you should be happy-those prairie points are just perfect!! this is really a lovely piece...nice work hugs, Julierose

Terry said...

Amazing! Well done! :0)

loulee said...

That looks fantastic. I love the technical drawings, I do something similar. LOL

Jenny said...

That's a very intricate piece you are working on! But you seem to have it all under control, those prairie points came out just perfect, congratulations!

Janice said...

The prairie points frame it nicely. An interesting technique.

Vireya said...

Brilliant, Jo! It looks great.

jude's page said...

It looks amazing, like to hear your thought process,how many more borders?

Dorian said...

I love prairie points Jo! Thanks for linking to the fun new way to do them, I'll have to try that out. Your RR is looking great!

Mari said...

Very, very cute!

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness, this is incredible. You seem to love to tackle things that would make the faint at heart turn tail and run (that would be me). But look at the results! You should be so very proud of yourself and your project!

Linda said...

This is amazing! Love your Prairie point border idea.

cityquilter grace said...

that is awesome progress...hats off to you for those not easy but eye catching borders!

jacaranda said...

Stunning, well done.

Susan said...

How clever - I must try that - one day!
Love the design.

marina said...

Stunning!!

Jenny said...

I love it with that little puppy in the middle . Looks a complicated quilt too, good job

Chookyblue...... said...

Well you know what's I think of the dog but wow this is looking great..... How many rounds?

kiwikid said...

Wow Jo!! That is fantastic! Well done.