Friday 12 August 2022

Maple leaves in Autumn

  Years ago I did a great workshop in Heathcote with a group I was part of. Actually it was back in 2013. It was a Helen Godden class.

https://jobutterfield.blogspot.com/2013/09/workshop-with-heathcote-quilters.html

And another swap I was involved in.
So being part of these swaps gave me a few blocks sitting in a container. So I just wanted to join them all together. 


This is the quilt now.

All quilted and bound.
The backing is just as beautiful.


It is lovely.




10 comments:

Susan said...

That's wonderful - I'd love to do a Helen Godden class one day

loulee said...

Lovely autumn colours and the perfect back too.

Jenny said...

I can see why you are so thrilled with your finish, well done. It's great that you combined blocks from different swaps. Guess the next question is, did you use them all up? Or are there a couple more blocks lurking about? I took part in some postal block swaps some years ago, and they were always such fun.

marina said...

what a beautiful quilt! it looks great.
so nice to have them all put together.

Janice said...

I agree, it is lovely. So good to finally put all the blocks into a quilt.

Karen's Korner said...

Those blocks have all come together beautifully. Great backing fabric.

Vireya said...

Lovely autumnal finish!

Mari said...

It looks wonderful! Great backing, too. Happy finish!

Denice Barker said...

Love this! It's the season we are heading for so it's very appropriate - and beautiful!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt Jo. Helen Godden does great classes doesn't she.