Wednesday 24 August 2022

Wine glass coaster workshop

We had a quick little tutorial night at our patchwork group.

Wine glass coasters.

These are made with 7 hexagons. 6 are folded in half and placed level around  each edge. One is kept flat for the base.

The other thing about this coaster is that you can put the base of the glass inside the coaster and when you pick up your glass the coaster comes with it. You will always know which glass is yours. It also will absorb the condensation and no mess on the table.


It was my friends birthday so I made her this cute little tag to go with her gift. I wrapped her gift with fabric and tied it up this tag.


I am trying to start the 52 weeks tag challenge. Every week you make a different tag.
I hope to use these for gifts and if I really like the design one week I might just make another. 


I saw the idea on YouTube.






12 comments:

loulee said...

Very pretty gift tag and sweet coasters too.

Jenny said...

I have seen others making tags on blogland, yours is very cute. The coasters are a great idea too.

Karen's Korner said...

Those coasters make great gifts. I look forward to seeing your tags.

Chookyblue...... said...

you can have a whole party with that many wine coasters.......

Janet O. said...

Clever coasters--some in classy colors, and others have a party flair.
Never have heard of the 52 tag challenge. I will watch your progress with great interest.

Susan said...

Love the coasters - I've made heaps using squares 0 but the hexie idea is a new one for me!

Also love the tag - a few friends did this and they are very pretty - but something I can leave!

Janice said...

Aren’t the coasters clever and so simple. I’ve made some as gifts. Have fun with your tags. Number 1 is cute and a great use of bits and bobs.

marina said...

what nifty drink coasters.
pretty tag too

Karen S said...

The coasters look great.But straight away I could see that design playing in a quilt top.
Good luck with the tag challenge.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful tag and the wine coasters are a great idea.

jude's page said...

Love your tag, there's lots of lace etc here that i could use, winecoasters a great idea

dq said...

The gift tag is so cute! Nice work! YOu put so much thought into all your gifts which are many.