Tuesday 9 May 2023

Bonnie Hunter - mysteries. En Provence & Frolic

 Over the past lot of years I have followed along with Bonnie Hunters yearly mysteries. Bonnie https://quiltville.blogspot.com/ releases them at Thanksgiving and they go through to NewYears. Bonnie releases clues weekly with lots of  instructions and different cutting instructions for various methods. I have been following her for many years. I have just recently had 2 of my mysteries quilted byJudy at.. http://newsfromjude.blogspot.com/ . They have both been quilted with an edge to edge pattern and I am extremely happy with them.

En Provence


Frolic


Since I have been home I have trimmed these quilts ready for the binding. I have cut the bindings ready for my next sewing session.
Frolic being trimmed


I love fabric with glitter. Look at this blue fabric. Look at it sparkle.

Can you see the edge to edge quilted design.
Sorry Judy I cant remember the design name. But I am very happy with the open, comfy, cuddly look and feel.

En Provence being trimmed


Look at the quilting design. It is just perfect for what I wanted.


This purple paisley has a bit of glitter too.


Quilts are trimmed, binding and hanging sleeve is cut, now all is needed is for me to attach the binding and hanging sleeve. Then a label and hand stitch everything down.


Thankyou Judy for a wonderful job with quilting.

Thanks to Judy delivering them to me at Scrub stitching.
Scrub Stitching is a yearly Australian retreat organised by Chooky in outback NSW.
This year we were lucky enough to have a total of 35 women and 6 husbands all join up at a beautiful spot, Camp Cypress,   in a town called Baradine, NSW. http://www.campcypress.com/
Chooky has done a wonderful job over the years with online swaps, SAL’s and organising these yearly retreats. She does it because she loves it. She also introduced zoom sessions, which are now held mostly once a month, sometimes sooner. There is no set time. An email is sent out and if you are available you join in. But you must have a blog. 


Anyway, this year we had a retreat that was extra special as we had 11 bloggers join us from.

These were the internationals that made the trip down under but we had ,30 others that travelled/drove up to 15 hours to get to Baradine. We also had 6 husbands join this year and they went sight seeing in the area while we sewed away until it was late in the night.
We had some from South Australia, Victoria, Queensland and NSW. 

So what I really want to say, wherever you are in the world there is always someone out the to connect with. Wether it be close or far there are ways to keep inspired and connected. 
Our group of bloggers owe this to the wonderful blogger/organiser CHOOKYBLUE

This is the group that Chooky brought together this year in Baradine 2023.

Thankyou you Chooky and everyone that made this retreat so special.







9 comments:

Susan said...

Definitely a HUGE thanks to Chooky - and the rest of us!! LOL

Wonderful quilts Jo - happy binding - it will keep you busy on a cool night ...or two!

Janet O. said...

Your Bonnie Hunter mystery quilts are stunning! SO MUCH piecing in those beauties! Well done, Jo!
Scrub Stitchin' looked delightful, with so many coming from so far away. I am just happy to have been included in a quick Zoom before COVID hit.
Chooky is amazing, isn't she?

loulee said...

It was a very special weekend. Chooky is amazing, all of the things she has done and continues to do for us. Love her.
Your quilted quilts look great. Looking forward to seeing them finished.

Lin said...

Two beautiful quilt finishes there - BH always does such beautiful designs. xx

dq said...

I like the way you documented this post with links to the "internationals" blog. I still can't get enough of the memories.

Yes, I thought those quilts at retreat looked like Bonnie Hunter mysteries. I still have my stash all collected to maybe make last years. I downloaded the patterns. There are just too many quilts out there to be made.

Linda said...

I’m so impressed with your two Bonnie Mystery quilts. Beautiful colour choices. The quilting by Judy is the icing on the cake. So pleased you had a wonderful time. I follow Raewyn’s blog too. What a busy and accomplished lady she is. You have some great quilts friends.

Janice said...

Your quilts are stunning. It will take a little while to get the hand stitching completed, as they are so large. Judy did a great job with the quilting. I agree with all you say about Chooky and the wonderful community of blogging quilters that we are a part of.

Raewyn said...

It was lovely to see your BH quilts, Jo....not only was the quilting great but the piecing was beautiful too. That was such a lovely tribute to Chooky and our fine tribe.

Chookyblue...... said...

Love your quilts..... They are beautiful and Jude does gorgeous work....
Thankyou for such kind words...... How wonderful was it so many of us could get together....... There a few more bloggers in that group and ex bloggers also.......