Monday 15 May 2023

Happy Mothers Day sitting relaxing and some hand quilting.

 Now the weather has turned and it starting to feel like winter it is not really cold enough for the heater to be on. What better way is it to snuggle underneath a quilt. Better still, why not hand quilt and keep yourself warm and comfy. So I got out this beautiful quilt my friend gave me for my birthday quite a few years ago. It was a scrappy top that Sue made as I was not into scrappy then but I am now. It has come in and out of the cupboard so I think it will stay out this winter. Hopefully getting some more progress this year.



I am big stitch quilting with thick cotton thread. 

I am linking up with Kathy for slow stitch Sunday 


What a great day to spend Mother’s Day.


9 comments:

Jenny said...

Big stitch quilting sounds the way to go. This will keep you nice and comfy as you work your magic across the quilt.

Susan said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend a cool day - esp if the other half provides the cups of tea/coffee!

kiwikid said...

Perfect way to spend the day Jo and the quilting will happen before you know it. Great quilt.

Janice said...

That looks like the best way to spend a lazy day.

Ondrea said...

A lovely way to spend the day. That quilt is lovely. I like your idea of big stitch quilting. Keep warm.

loulee said...

Looks like a very cosy and comfortable place to be.

cityquilter grace said...

a lovely quilt in progress and just right for cooler temps....love your bonnie hunter quilts and your adorable bunny snuggles!

Janet O. said...

I love the look of that scrappy quilt, and what a nice way to stay cozy as you work toward a finish.

Chookyblue...... said...

Enjoy the quilting.......