Monday 1 May 2023

Gifts I received from scrub stitching days… and my purchases.

 When we arrived at the retreat the tables were all set with a large gift bag filled with goodies.

Thanks to everyone who helped with these gifts as it makes the retreat even more special.

A wonderful calico bag especially made for us.


On the reverse side is everyone’s name with where they are from.

We had our bush name tag, Australian native flower mugs, fridge magnets or needle magnets, binding clips/pin cushion and a wonderful stitchery bag.

This kit is specially designed for our weekend. 
Scrub Stitchin’ 2023, 
by Anni Downs. Hatched and Patched


And a lovely gum leaf bookmark too.

Gifts from others.
Make it, fake it or bake it swap gift, idea is like a Kris Kringle. You put one in, you get one out.

I received my gift from Gail (USA)
A beautifully made mug bag, made using her leftover miniature tumblers. Even more work involved, the tumblers are strip pieced with a width of about 1/8”. 


As well as a special mug. It is a good big size with the beautiful state bird of Missouri on it.
I love it Gail and appreciate the time and work that has gone into making it. Thank you.


MISSOURI EASTERN BLUEBIRD


Once again, this beautiful bionic bag, made by Sylvia (Germany)
I did attempt to make this a few years back. I did not have a pattern and it didn’t work out the best so I am extremely pleased that now I don’t have to try and make one again. Itis also made in my mums favourite colour, GREEN.

Look at all the tiny hexies used to make it. Some of them are even pieced. So tiny.
Thank you Sylvia

Sylvia was using this cute fabric in her quilt she was hand piecing. She gave me the leftovers. 
This piece was purchased in France. I feel so lucky and will have to think of something special to make with it. It is very very cute.

Pat from the Victorian/South Australian border handed out the special little tool. It’s a pipe cleaner folded in half and stuck in a plastic bendy straw. You use this to clean the underneath of your machine to get out all the fluff. Genius. Now to go buy me some straws.
Gift no. 2 was a beaded tassel on a cup. This can be attached to a zipper or a clip or ring on any project. I love the colour. Thank you Pat.

Next up was a little gift of tone on tone white fat quarters. Judy knows I do a lot of quilts for charity and use a lot of tone on tones. I can’t wait to start on these.Thanks Judy


Now for my purchases…..

Judy has an online shop  http://newsfromjude.blogspot.com/ . Knowing she was coming to Baradine I ordered this great pack for her to deliver. Saved postage.
A cute tin with approx. 250 * 3.5” squares of mixed fabrics. $30. It’s a scrap mystery. That’s how I work.
I wasn’t disappointed.

Judy also bought a light supply of fabric bundles from her shop with her. OH MY…. I did buy more. They were on special. How could I not.
Fat1/4 bundles for $20 or $30. These were on special for this weekend.


There was also a shop in the corner of the room from Coonabarabran.
The Crafters Cottage.
If we needed anything that wasn’t on the table we could phone them and they could be delivered by a few different ways. How could I resist. 
I bought 1 metre of clear plastic. A thin and a thick one depending on what and where I will use it.

I have always wanted one of these wool ironing mats. So why not support a shop Whois supporting our group for the weekend.

And I have always loved sashiko so when I saw this book I knew I just had to have it.






10 comments:

Lin said...

Oh my!! What a haul. Well I love the bags - who wouldn't - but such a lovely collection of gifts and purchases. Lots of fun to be had. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

love all your gifts and shopping........well done........

Janice said...

Your bus went home a bit fuller than when you arrived. A lovely collection there.

Janet O. said...

You received some incredible gifts from others, and topped it off with some great shopping. Makes me want to go on the shop hop going on a bit south of me. :)

Susan said...

MY word - you did very well with your gifts.

I also succumbed to the goodies for sale- both online beforehand with Jude, her physical store & THe Crafters Cottage - after all, we had to show support.

loulee said...

The gift bags on the tables were wonderful, the swap was great and don't get me started on the generosity of Sylvia! I also scored one of her bionic bags, I love it. And how tempting having Jude and the crafters cottage set up shop.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful gifts and fabric goodies Jo.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am caught up on your posts. What a wonderful event Scrub Stitchin is and I've loved reading about it. YOu received and bought wonderful items. Thanks for sharing photos; I've made note of the Sashiko book as I love that method as well. I think it is very special to have gotten a special pattern from Anni too. I'm happy for you and the other bloggers who shared as well, but a little envious as well, :D

dq said...

It was fun having you show me a peek at the Sashiko book. Very lovely!

Raewyn said...

I meant to get a closer look at the mug bag made by Gail...it looked really lovely and an ideal accessory. We all received such lovely things - even down to the pipecleaner gadget!! I would have liked to do more shopping (I did succumb a little) but unfortunately I brought too much over with me which put my luggage limit at a risky level - I need to take lessons from Deana!