Tuesday 24 October 2023

Bordertown - Gum Tree Quilters Exhibition

A week before we were to go to Bordertown, Sth Aust. for a special visit I received a phone call from a lady staying in Mildura with her sister. Jeanette needed a lift to Bordertown to help out at the Gum Tree Quilters exhibition. She was a member and actually lives there. She doesn’t drive and was visiting her sister. As we had room we said we would take her and bring her home as well. 

We headed off and had a stop at Walpeup to view the painted silo.


Then continued on to Bordertown to stay at Judy’s and go to the Gum Creek Quilters Exhibition.

All my photos have disappeared of my phone so I have copied them from http://newsfromjude.blogspot.com/2023/10/gum-tree-quilters-exhibition-report.html and http://jindiscottage.blogspot.com/2023/11/on-roadfrom-mildura.html

We enjoyed the quilt show and catching up with people we had previously met



This group had only been together a few weeks before

I loved this piece and I think it belonged to Pat. I can’t recall the value but it wasn’t cheap. It was beautiful 


Mini quilts were made for a SA Quilters appraisal exercise. They recorder the amount of time it took to make each project and then they were valued accordingly. Amazing work and prices too.


We all went out for tea to the local pub. 

I also met some friends of my brother’s partner. Such a small world

A great photo of Judy and Barry


I loved this quilt kit of Judy’s when I visited in February so I caved and bought the kit. Hopefully it won’t take me long to make. This was made my Judy.

Tony and I also went for a drive and had lunch at Padthaway winery. You can stay at the homestead, and they also have weddings there. Of course, we bought a few bottles home with us.













1 comment:

jude's page said...

Thanks for the post Jo, it took awhile, but better late than never, they say!!