Tuesday 17 October 2023

My drawing out, cutting board and ironing mat folder.

 Many years ago when I was a member of the Sunbury Patchwork group we made these cutting and ironing folders. I am talking about over 15 years ago. I used up some appliqué blocks from a friendship group I was in at Pixie Patch Kilmore.

On the inside was an ironing mat and cutting mat. This has been very well used as I take it to all the workshops I attend.

I decided that I needed one for my caravan case as my travelling sewing folder.

I already had the bits and pieces in my sewing room. So with hubbies help to cut the wood I have all the pieces at a nice compact size. I am even putting in a sandpaper board so I can trace the templates easier onto the fabric.

Approx 6” x 8”.


Now I just need to design and sew an outer cover for it.


8 comments:

loulee said...

A very handy friend to have while travelling.

kiwikid said...

Looks like the perfect size for travelling Jo.

Lin said...

Thats going to be a useful piece of kit to take with you. xx

Susan Smith said...

Interesting & I'll be following your progress on that. As I take things to do in our caravan, could be very handy. Thanks & take care.

Janice said...

I’ll watch the progress if this one with interest and may even copy. I’m sure I have one of those A4 size cutting mats from a magazine subscription years ago that I could use. The old version has stood up well from all its use. The cover is lovely.

Janet O. said...

Very handy thing to have on the go. I am interested to see how you include the sandpaper board in this one (will you just tuck it in?) and how you cover the whole thing.

Susan said...

That will be very handy in your van.

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck