Wednesday 24 September 2014

NEARLY INSANE in SEPTEMBER.

I have been working on my Nearly Insane quilt all year.
They are only 6" blocks and will take me quite some time to do.
With only doing 4 blocks a month I am nearly half way through. 

No.. 16
It looks like this block was done with the scraps. I didn't stick to the pattern and used up my little scraps that I keep in the bag for all those tiny pieces.

No.. 18
This block has 227 pieces in it. It looks nothing like it is supposed to. I got so confused doing it foundation pieced method. I am not very accurate doing it this way... I think I would have been more successful making lots of half square triangles.
My seams don't match, pieces are in the wrong spot or upside down. 
GUESS WHAT???? They can stay there. With the tiny stitches used for foundation piecing I am not able to unpick. Now I just have to take out all those papers. OMG.....

No.. 23

No.. 26



The other blocks went together very easy.
At least they are done....

I am linking up with NTT...NEEDLE and THREAD THURSDAY
Have a look at what others are doing.......

10 comments:

Pinnylea Creations said...

I would definitely be insane by now Jo - keep up the great work xx

KERYN B said...

Looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Yours blocks are wonderful Jo and I admire people who can foundation piece because I can't,lol,enjoy your evening my friend.xx

dq said...

I have heard of "Nearly Insane". I am guessing it is a little like Dear Jane which is insane too. Good goal! I have to pace myself with Dear Jane too or I would be insane.

I love your colors!

marina said...

boy all those tiny pieces have made me a bit nauseous, I was fussing about my 1 1/2 inch hst, but those would have pushed me over the edge.

Cheryll said...

You really WOULD go insane un-sewing those pieces. It is now an original JO masterpiece.\
EnJoY it... :)

elliek said...

Have you had a good look at the original? Nothing matches and where the block was a bit small Salinda just added an extra bit to the side. I like the quirkiness of it not looking like the pattern(no 18 is a pill... mine has 3 sides with the HST's going one way and the fourth totally different) It's your quilt and will look amazing.

kiwikid said...

Wow Jo, well done...all those little bits would drive me barmy!!!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

beautiful fall colors in these blocks!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Kate said...

Oh so many pieces, I would have been insane. Love the colors you are using.