When a little one is taken from the mum and put in a crib it needs the smell of mum or dad. So when it comes time for a cuddle mum/dad can hold onto a heart with baby. Then when the baby is put back into the crib the heart is put with them. They still have the scent of mum/dad with them to comfort them. They are really easy to make.
- On a piece of paper or template plastic.... Mark out a 4" square
- draw a heart to fit inside the square
|Make a heart shape to fit inside a 4 in square|
- Cut out the heart.
- Trace out on to cute baby cotton fabric
- Lay on top of some flannelette right sides together
- sew on the lines leaving a gap for turning
|Stitching right sides together on soft cuddly flannelette|
- Trim leaving a very small seam allowance
- Turn right sides out and close up the gap.
|Turn right sides out and stitch the gap closed|
- Top stitch around the edge.
- MAKE A LOT MORE
|Nicely topstitched and ironed.|
A lovely pile of 40..
Keep them on soft gender specific fabrics and everyone is kept happy. They are so cute, easy and quick to make and they comfort both parents and babies.
|All delivered nicely to the hospital.|
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME OUT PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR MORE DETAILS.
Here are some other ideas to help out if you want.