I sewed all the scraps together and trimmed them down to 9" blocks.
Here is the layout I chose.
Now to add the sashings..
I knew I was wanting to make a few scrap quits and needed a fabric to join it all together.
A trip to spotlight was needed. I saw this aqua fabric and thought it would be perfect.
Even better it was priced at $4 per metre. So I got 3 metres cut..
When it was put through the register it came up as $2 per metre. I quickly asked for the rest of the bolt. I ended up with 7.5 metres.. Not bad for $15..
Then I border only 2 sides of each block with 2" strips.
Trimmed to 10", joined them and added a
I am happy with how the aqua spots are so different to all the blocks.
It measures about 36" x 44".. I'll measure it properly when I go to quilt it.
This is what I will,be using as the backing.
It is a whimsical bright fabric that has been given to me.
Now put it aside and get started on the next one...